Intelligent Document Generation
The manual process of generating configurable documents such contracts, legal agreements or complex quotations can be very effectively automated using the XpertRule rules automation technology. The methodology for developing a document generation application in XpertRule is:
- Define the generic building blocks and hierarchical structure of a document (clauses, sub-clauses, tables etc.) as a catalogue in XpertRule. The objects of the catalogue point to text content stored in a database.
- Define a generic template document for each type of contract / agreement with tags / bookmarks that define where the various components should be inserted and the formatting of the text involved.
- Define the end user requirements (services required, commercial details etc.) that drives the selection of the various document building blocks. Build a presentation layer in XpertRule for capturing the end user requirements and for automating the flow of the data capture process as in the example below.
- Define the selection rules (exclusion / inclusion rules) and calculations that relate the user requirements to the various document building blocks. The example below shows the selection rules for a Liability paragraph.
XpertRule supports advanced features for document generation which include:
- The ability to manipulate a Word document (or other word processing formats) using the Word API in order to populate the various bookmarks in the generic template document to generate a configured document in accordance with the end user requirements.
- The ability to automatically populate the tags of an RTF document with the values of attributes / variables of the rules engine.
XpertRule has been used successfully to generate Service Level Agreements, Purchasing Contracts and quotations for complex configured products. An example is the SmartSLA generator from SysOp;
SmartSLA - SLA Generator